I found this on a fellow book lovers blog and decided to answer these reading habits questions as well.
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Sadly, no. Place in my house that gets the most reading time is the bathroom. Love hot bubble baths with a book in hand. Most of my reading is done on the go.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I love bookmarks and if one is handy I prefer them but if we are being honest I have to say I use random pieces of paper about 99% of the time.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
I really prefer to stop at the end of the chapter or even at a scene break. Not always possible with kids in house but that is my preference.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
Nope. Though I do occasionally read while people are talking to me.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
Several. I try to do one fiction and one non fiction though to avoid confusion.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere. In a box, with a fox, on a train, etc.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently unless I am reading to my kids. I honestly dislike reading out loud.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
I sometimes will read ahead especially if something happens in the book that I feel like might ruin it for me. I check ahead to see if I need to toss the book now or continue to devote time to it. I skip pages if there is too much description.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I wish I could keep them like new but I am too rough with my books. They all look like they have been through a battle. Mostly because I carry them around in my purse.
11. Do you write in your books?
Generally, I do not though there are some books that I have made notes in. It really depends on so many factors.
I would love to hear about your reading habits. If you would like to share please comment below.